The Neenah Joint School District conducts developmental screenings for preschool-age children who reside within the school district. A Child Find Preschool Screening can answer many questions about your child’s development. The purpose of the screening is to provide you with developmental information on your child and to identify children who may need access to our programs at Washington.
- Friday, April 8, 2016
- Wednesday, August 3, 2016
- Friday, September 2, 2016
- Friday, October 7, 2016
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Friday, January 6, 2017
- Friday, February 3, 2017
- Friday, March 3, 2017
- Friday, April 7, 2017
Here is what to expect:
- After you check in, you and your child are taken to a classroom where his/her speech, language, concepts, and motor skills are screened.
- Your child is screened at three different stations by early childhood teachers and a speech-language pathologist.
- During this process you are asked to fill out a parent questionnaire asking about your child’s social-emotional and self-help skills.
- Upon completion of the screening, the results will be shared with parents. If your child’s screening results indicate a potential delay(s) a referral for an evaluation may be initiated and will be discussed at the post screening conference.
- You can help yourself to informational and community resource flyers.
If you have, or know of someone who has, a child who is between the ages of two years, nine months and age five and would like to schedule a screening appointment, you may complete the online child find screening request form. If you have additional questions or need assistance, please call 751-6990 ext. 24100. The screenings are FREE and typically last one hour.